Sunday, August 23, 2009

DoubleClick and ieFrame Virus, Please Help?

Every time I go to Amazon.com, I get hit with like 30 Doubleclick attempts, and my Spydoctor/Spybot catches it.



I can't even enter in credit card info in order to buy something without this popping up.



THEN if I do accept the cookie, which I did once just to see if it would then stop popping up and allow me to make my purchase, it then started to try installing "ieFrame", which I read is a known virus!



From what I understand, Doubleclick is a cookie, BUT it also installs several things in the Registry, which my antispyware is only catching one of those, not the deeper ones I guess.



I have also read that some of the things it installs on people's computers enable viruses from elsewhere to be able to come in.



I have looked online for how to get rid of the entire Doubleclick mess, but cannot find anything that gives step by step details.



Can someone please give me information as to how to get Doubleclick and all of it's arms out of my computer, registry, etc.? Thanks!



DoubleClick and ieFrame Virus, Please Help?hijack this



Greetings,



I recommend you try and System restore your computer before the virus, if that doesnt work try the following:



Scan your computer with a Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware programs, such as



AVG Anti-Virus FREE



Avast! Internet Suite



WebWasher (found to be the best anti-virus)

No comments:

Post a Comment