Sunday, August 23, 2009

Help! Spyware and virus protection isn't working...need advice!?

I allowed the office "IT" guy to install something on my personal laptop and I'm crawling with trojans, worms, adware, spyware, etc. Spent 鈧?0 to get it fixed -- they took off McAffee (which had been working before the "IT jerk". Now I have Kaspersky and Super AntiSpyware. Things keep coming through -- hundreds of infestations even with 2-3 times daily scans.



I'm considering backing up everything and starting from scratch, but won't I also back up the infected files?



What software should I use to protect myself?



Should I go back to the 2nd (real) IT guys to finish what I paid them for?



Would love any advice on this age-old topic! Thanks!



Help! Spyware and virus protection isn't working...need advice!?firewall



You have to have some kind of guarantee with the tech. that fixed your pc for Pound 90. I would call the company and complain and demand that they send over another tech. Plus you tell them you are not paying one Pound.



McAfee is not all that great. (In my spare time I am a beta tester for just about all the antivirus/antispyware software.



Kaspersky and Superantispyware is excellent. I use Superantispyware and this software will always find what all other miss. I think Kaspersky is second best in the world. And the antivirus I use I consider to be #1 in the world. As it is also used by the Govt. Of China. You pay only a one time fee for life of $29.99 and you get daily updates and all new versions for life. State of the art technology that is light years ahead of any other antivirus program on the market. You can read about Twister Trojan Antivirus on their web page.

No comments:

Post a Comment