Friday, August 21, 2009

Is Norton as bad as I have read on Yahoo answers?

I have Norton security preinstalled on my Vista computer and I have installed Spybot and AVG antispyware for extra protection, am I fully protected as I am not sure if to rely on Norton for Firewall and antivirus!



Is Norton as bad as I have read on Yahoo answers?windows



I don't recommend Norton to anyone:



i recommend AVG ANTIVIRUS (free) and Comodo Firewall (also free) - why pay when the free stuff is actually better.



Too many people use Norton, making it a target for hackers. as long as you are a "safe" browsing person things should be fine. (no pr0n, cautious of email attachments, no downloading stupid things, etc.). Norton is also a huge computer resource hog (slows down computer).



avg antispyware, spybot -search and destroy, lavasoft ad-aware 2007 (not vista compatible yet) are good spyware removers



use firefox for safer browsing (use mcafee site advisor for Firefox www.siteadvisor.com )



for you: keep Norton until the trial expires then uninstall it and install avg antivirus and comodo firewall (download.com and comodo.com respectively)



EDIT: comodo firewall is not vista compatible yet so... you could download the 90 day trial of windows live one care for the time being... until comodo firewall is vista ready.



Is Norton as bad as I have read on Yahoo answers?antivirus download

No comments:

Post a Comment