Friday, August 21, 2009

HELP! Windows displays "System Error: your computer was infected by unknown trojan"?

I was stupid and followed a dodgy link, now every time I open a folder or open IE there's a pop-up box that says "System Error: your computer was infected by unknown trojan. It's dangerous for your system (critical files can be lost)! Click OK to download the antispyware program to clean your system! (recommended)"



Now when I run Spybot there's 41 problems and even if I fix them they just come right back.



Obviously some malware has been installed and this is part of it.



I ran Hijack This, I will try posting a log.



Any idea what to do? Help me please!!!



HELP! Windows displays "System Error: your computer was infected by unknown trojan"?microsoft office



I had this problem too. The weirdest thing was that it would pop up not only for Internet Explorer, but also when I looked through my own folders. Anyways what I usually do is google the error message and read up on what the tech forums have to say. I had the problem fixed in two minutes with this free program, SmitFraudFix, created specifically for fake anti-spyware programs. Removal steps here %26lt;%26gt;http://www.spyware-techie.com/unknown-tr...



HELP! Windows displays "System Error: your computer was infected by unknown trojan"?norton antivirus



i had the exact same problem. nothing would work for me. then as a last ditch attempt before sendin my laptop to the shop, i tried superantispyware. googled it, downloaded it. after a scan it sorted everything out for me. recommend it. Report It


I am having the same issue on a computer at work. The virus came through on MSN messenger as a url link.



I have cleaned the computer with 2 virus scanners, fixed all the problems in the highjackthis log, cleaned the computer with spybot and the popup still occurs.



I am to the point of windows re-install

No comments:

Post a Comment