Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I still keep getting popups!! Help!!?

My popup blocker is on high. I downloaded AVG antispyware and it found 326 infections!!! So I deleted them all. I downloaded Firefox and got rid of IE alltogether. But I am still getting popups.....What else can I do??? Its driving me crazy!!!



I still keep getting popups!! Help!!?antivirus programs



Chances are you still have some adware on your machine. Try downloading and running a number of different Adware/Spyware removal programs such as Adaware, Spybot, etc.



If that doesn't work, do the pop ups all go to the same site? Is there something in common about the pop up windows? If there is try doing a search on what is in common and there may be a removal tool for that particular piece of malware.



Good luck



I still keep getting popups!! Help!!?computer protection



You mentioned that you downloaded AVG, that is anti virus protection. Your computer might be still suffering from spy-ware. I'd advise you to download Ad-Aware



http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-2007/30...
I have google toolbar for firefox and I found that it stops most of the pop ups fine. Google toolbar also works with IE too.



Don't forget to get a firewall too, I use Sygate, which is free.



I have no problems with pop ups or viruses anymore.



You might need to re-install IE because I once got rid of it and I ran into problems with some website. Just some advice for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment